Call for Applications (English Round)
Asia Catalyst is now accepting applications from community based organizations (CBOs) in Myanmar that wish to develop advocacy strategies and implement community-led activities to address challenges that people living with HIV (PLHIV) and key populations face in realizing their human rights.
Asia Catalyst builds strong civil society to advance the rights of marginalized groups. We are driven by the voice of communities. We partner with and train leaders of community based groups to run effective and inclusive organizations, and to conduct rigorous human rights research and advocacy.
As part of this work in 2015-2016, Asia Catalyst worked with CBOs in Cambodia, China, Myanmar and Viet Nam to document discrimination faced by people living with HIV and key populations in accessing health services. The results were synthesized in this report, and research findings and stakeholder recommendations for each country were summarized in country-specific policy briefs. This year Asia Catalyst would like to build on this work to advance the advocacy issues identified in the Myanmar Brief.
About the opportunity, and the application process:
In 2017, Asia Catalyst will select four CBO partners in Myanmar to join its capacity building and advocacy program. The selected CBOs will participate in three workshops conducted by Asia Catalyst in Yangon over the course of a year. Asia Catalyst will provide a small grant for each CBO to conduct documentation and advocacy following the workshops. The aims of the program are to help each CBO:
- Develop knowledge and build their skills in analyzing and documenting barriers that lead to challenges for PLHIV and key populations to realize their rights;
- Learn how to design a community-based research project; and,
- Develop and implement a local or national campaign using their research results.
Eligible CBOs will have:
- Significant community representation on staff, including at the decision- making level
- Commit to engagement for entire duration of the program (3 workshops over one year),
- A minimum of two staff designated to participate in the program
- Commit to complete the tasks agreed upon in each workshop and to engage in community-based documentation.
- Demonstrated experience of advocacy either at the national or local level
- Openness to making improvements to the organization by incorporating learnings from the program
Interested community-based organizations should fill out this application form: Asia Catalyst Myanmar Application Form. Please submit all your documents in English and send back to: email@example.com.
Applications are due 14 May 2017